2008 m. gegužės 8 d., ketvirtadienis

Self - Assessment of ESP Learning

WRITING SKILLS:


  • Summaries. I think, I improve my summary writing. First, it was hard but after some writings I understand how summaries should be writen.

  • ESP vocabulary tests. I did not pay a lot of attention at that so it is not so good as I wish it would.
  • Self-designed tests. I think, I was good in this task. This helped me to plug in in the text.
  • Dictations. This task was hard for me bacause sometimes I could not understand the words and make a lot of mistakes in punctuation. I think, I need more practice on that.
  • Contributions to weblogs. In this term I did not write a lot of contributions to weblogs so I think, I am standing in the same place as I was last term.

SPEAKING SKILLS:

  • Participation in class discussions. When I am talking in discussions I feel that I make a lot of mistakes. It is hard to improve my speaking because I do not speak a lot in English.
  • Presentations. I do not like doing presentations because I have public speaking fear. Also, it is hard to remember all the information. But now I know how to make a good presentation.
  • Speaking in pairs. I like this task because it helps me to improve my speaking and also, I hear sometimes new information and of course it helps me to learn how to listen people.

LISTENING SKILLS:

  • Listening activities in class. I think, my listening improved because the texts which we listened were quite easy so it was not so hard to plug in the text.
  • Listening to podcasts. This task was good because I could read the text of podcasts and translate the words I did not know.
  • Listening outside of class if any. I am watching movies in English. I think, that helps me to improve the understanding of this language and also, it helps me to cream off what is the most important.

READING SKILLS.

  • Home reading. I think, my reading improved because I read a lot of text in this term which is related to psychology.
  • Class reading. I think, this also improved because we discussed about text we had read.
  • Read comprehension exercises. This task was a bit hard for me because not always I could cream off what is important.
  • Computer tasks. I think, I improved this because first of all, I found out new pages which I can use after classes, moreover these tasks where interesting so I wanted to plug in into these texts.


1 komentaras:

ijankauskaite rašė...

I have found quite many similarities to mine self-assesment. Well, the main point is the laziness. So Igne, I wish next term you would be more employable. :)